In our modern society, people are less active. We drive cars, sit in front of our computer or TV, do not have to do manual work as much as we used to.
Research shows than many adults spend more than 7 hours a day sitting down! This includes driving to and back from work, sitting at work, watching television in the evening and so on!
Inactivity is a “silent killer”, it is bad for your health. One should not only try to raise one’s activity levels but also reduce the amount of time you spend sitting down.
- Lowers the risk of Dementia by 30%
- Lowers the risk of colon cancer by up to 50%
- Lowers the risk of joint wear and tear by up to 83%
- Lowers the risk of depression by up to 30%
- Lowers the risk of type II diabetes by up to 50%
- Lowers the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke by up to 35%
Start the year with a health bang!
Don’t forget to check out our 10,000 steps Facebook page! Great for sharing photo’s, finding walking buddies and sharing new routes!
The clinic gives away FREE Pedometers at the front desk! Check into our clinic on Facebook and walk out with a pedometer!