What questions should I ask a chiropractor when I first visit?
You should never feel too embarrassed or awkward to ask your chiropractor questions. They are trained professionals who will be more than happy to explain the treatment you are receiving and ease any anxieties you might have. Start by asking the following questions to give you a better understanding of what’s next:
- What is involved in a course of treatment?
- How can chiropractic care help me and my specific health problem?
- How long does each session last and how many times a week must I come in for an adjustment?
- Will I need additional care from other healthcare professionals?
- Do you use specific equipment to perform scans?
- Do you provide any additional services such as exercise plans or tutorials?
What do chiropractors treat?
Chiropractors treat a number of conditions related to the spine as well as other muscles, joints and ligaments. Commonly treated problems include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Heel and foot pain
- Sports injuries
- Stiffness of the joints and muscles
- Tension headaches (cervicogenic)
- Arthritic joint pains, e.g. The hip or knee
If you live in the area of Bury St Edmunds and are looking for a chiropractor nearby, get in touch with Fornham Chiropractic Clinic today. Pop in to the clinic or call on 01284 220202 to find out more and see if they are the right fit for you.